8 months ago
Established in 2008 and is the largest and fastest growing independent renewable energy plant operator and the only fully integrated asset manager and technical advisor providing a complete range of technical, financial, commercial and operational services.
This is a broad commercial role with a revenue and PPA focus. A financial or commercial background is essential, and experience of the energy/renewables industry would be advantageous.
A track record in producing monthly revenue accruals is essential and experience in renewable energy, Renewables Obligation Certificates (ROC), Feed in Tariff (FIT) and Community Investment Companies (CICs) assets would be advantageous. Knowledge of Embedded Benefits for generators would also be beneficial.
- Experience of managing Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) including renewing/terminating offtake agreements is essential. You will have knowledge of the UK power market and will be comfortable speaking to off-takers. Energy trading experience would be valuable.
- An understanding of energy generation data and import power data would be beneficial.
- Experience of OFGEM monthly data submissions would be beneficial.
- A background in managing operating costs for renewables energy generating stations would be desirable, including: import power, meter operator agreements (MoP), data collector data aggregator (DADC), etc.
- Experience in undertaking due diligence is preferable, especially ‘onboarding’ new assets i.e. integrating recent SPV acquisitions into the business.
- An understanding of solar farm operations and processes around achieving Final Acceptance would be advantageous.
- You will be a confident, high calibre operator, comfortable in a fast paced, high intensity environment. You will be able to communicate clearly and concisely within the Commercial team and work alongside the Finance and Technical teams plus other stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- You will have a systematic, highly organized approach to work with a pleasant but results driven attitude. You will be able to project manage incl. working with other teams, sometimes virtually.
- You will be accurate, have attention to detail and be able to conduct root-cause problem solving.
- You are results orientated and solution focused, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Managing monthly revenue accruals for a range of generating stations, including ROC, FIT and CIC assets and working with the Technical and Finance teams in WiseEnergy. • Managing a range of PPAs with various structures and working with off-takers to optimise revenue.
- Managing monthly generation/import data submissions to OFGEM.
- Operational contract management including: initial tendering, proposal analysis, making recommendations, contract award and contract management during its term. For example, this may include: import power contracts; DCDA; meter operator agreements; warranty claims; etc.
- Supporting the company’s in-house ‘on-boarding’ process for new sites with a specific focus on understanding inherited PPAs and potentially placing assets with new off-takers.
- Supporting the company’s in-house Final Acceptance Certification (FAC) process which includes comprehensive due diligence of PV solar farms approx. 2 years into operation. This will also have a strong project management element, liaising internally with the Technical and Finance teams and externally with technical and legal consultants.
- Minimum 3-5+ years in a similar level role
- Educated to degree level with a finance/business/commercial background
- Experience of the UK power market, PPAs and revenue accruals
- Contract management
- Managing due diligence and working with internal teams and external advisors
- Able to produce accurate work with a strong attention to detail
- Systematic, highly organized workstyle
- Hardworking and flexible approach to work (it’s not a 9-5 culture)
- Advanced standard MS Office suite, notably Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational, change management and business processes skills
- Right to work in the UK