5 months ago
Asset Management provider established in 2008 and is the largest and fastest growing independent renewable energy plant operator and the only fully integrated asset manager and technical advisor providing a complete range of technical, financial, administrative and operational services.
Currently 2GW under management across the Europe and the UK with a portfolio is valued of €6bn.
- This is a broad commercial role with a legal and regulatory focus. A legal/commercial law background would be advantageous.
- A track record in managing property/land agreements (e.g. Leases), including a full working understanding of their terms and an ability to extract the key characteristics to track and be fully compliant with the conditions and obligations, is essential.
- Experience of managing commercial contracts, e.g. tendering, awarding and contract management once awarded, is also essential.
- Experience in undertaking due diligence is preferable, especially ‘onboarding’ new assets (i.e. integrating recent SPV acquisitions into the business).
- An understanding of solar farm operations and processes around achieving Final Acceptance Certification would be advantageous.
- Experience of interfacing with Ofgem, the energy industry regulator, would also be advantageous.
- You will be a confident, high calibre operator, comfortable in a fast paced, high intensity environment. You will be able to communicate clearly and concisely within the commercial team and work alongside the Finance and Technical teams plus other stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- You have a systematic, highly organized approach to work with a pleasant but results driven attitude. You will be able to project manage incl. working with other teams, sometimes virtually.
- You will be accurate, have attention to detail and be able to conduct root-cause problem solving.
- You are results orientated and solution focused, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Supporting the company’s in-house ‘on-boarding’ process for new sites with a specific focus on understanding new property agreements, e.g. Leases, Grazing Agreements, wayleaves, etc and working with the finance team to ensure smooth transition into company and timely payments throughout the life of the agreement.
- Management of property agreements for operating solar farms, e.g. Leases, during their lifetime and understanding obligations and terms and ensuring compliance, working closely with finance to ensure smooth, accurate payments.
- Operational contract management including: initial tendering, proposal analysis, making recommendations, contract award and contract management during its term. For example, this may include: import power contracts; operations and maintenance agreements; meter operator agreements; site specific assessments; EPC; warranty claims; etc.
- Supporting the company’s in-house Final Acceptance process which includes comprehensive due diligence of solar farms approx. 2 years into operation. This will also have a strong project management element, liaising internally with the technical and finance teams and externally with technical and legal consultants.
- Enhancing the company’s interface with Ofgem, the energy industry regulator, in terms of monthly Renewables Obligations Certificates submissions, transfer to off-taker and tracking as well as supporting ad hoc Ofgem audits.
- Minimum 5+ years in a similar level role
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of understanding property agreements and their obligations to ensure compliance
- Contract management
- Managing due diligence and working with internal teams and external advisors
- Able to produce accurate work with a strong attention to detail
- Systematic, highly organized workstyle
- Hardworking and flexible approach to work (it’s not a 9-5 culture)
- Advanced standard MS Office suite, notably Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational, change management and business processes skills
- Right to work in the UK