Flexible on Experience
15 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company is working alongside a leading aggregator in their search for a Commercial Analyst. This award-winning energy tech. client leads the demand response space within the UK & European Energy Market – connecting customers to in-house trading and data centres.
The client is seeking a driven and experienced Commercial Analyst with power market experience to join our Business Development team within the renewable energy industry. If you have a track record of creating and owning high quality modelling relating to power market deal economics and market optimisation, this role might be for you...
As a Commercial Analyst you will take ownership of data and deal structuring within the Business Development team. The team are continuously seeking to enhance the complexity and robustness of our suite of commercial offerings, as such your price forecasting, financial planning and risk analysis skillset will drive a culture of data-driven decision making in the Business Development team.
- You will lead on structured product analysis across the client’s suite of commercial offerings and develop robust modelling.
- You will work with Business Development Managers and take a data driven approach to ensure that products and structures are both market competitive and commercially viable - continuously seeking to improve our competitor analysis and benchmarking.
- You will take ownership of market analysis within the Business Development team and leverage business intelligence tools to ensure that this is stored in an intuitive and replicable format.
- You will build collaborative working relationships with Trading and Regulatory Affairs to ensure you are the commercial expert on power market developments and their impacts on our customers.
- You will use your industry network to leverage information on UK power market trends and policy.
- Demonstrated experience as an expert in the UK power market
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will need the capacity to balance between ad hoc and strategic initiatives
- Outstanding analytical and technical skills, with an ability to challenge and be challenged on your numbers
- Ability to use data and modelling to make informed commercial decisions
- Experience distilling complex analysis into simple, credible and intuitive presentations
- for a wide variety of stakeholders
- CFA or equivalent experience in financial structuring and modelling (desirable)
- Experience using business reporting tools, including Looker and Salesforce (desirable)
- Strong Excel modelling skills, SQL and Python are an advantage (desirable)