£70,000 - £100,000
8 months ago
This is a rare opportunity for a CTO to join a successful investor, developer and operator in the Renewable Energy Sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for the continued optimisation of a portfolio of ground mount, commerical rooftop and residential Solar assets as well as CHP, Biomas, Biothermal and Energy from waste plastic. The company have a smaller more nimble set up offering deep cross over and collaboration between senior members and various teams. The flat structure offers a really dynamic and automymous way of working allowing exposure to all areas of the business. This role will also offer development and construction focused work as the UK market begins to develop again.
- To optimise performance on all the assets through deep analysis of each components.
- To ensure optimal PR/Availability per asset
- To ensure all O&M providers achieve, as a minimum, their contractual obligations by undertaking monthly reviews with clear actions against monthly reports and outstanding site visit items and by issuing defects notices/formal letters promptly as appropriate
- To ensure every asset has an annual performance optimisation plan agreed by the TM
- To ensure 100% security of all assets including full availability of CCTV systems
- To act as the representative of the technical asset management service to all existing and prospective clients To ensure all outstanding issues on PAC / IAC / FAC punch lists are resolved swiftly and closed before next milestone is due.
- To provide due diligence and feasibiliy support to potential investments and aquisiaitons as well as greenfield development.
- Provide Technical and Operational Construction monitoring support to ongoing projects.
- Responsible for managing commercial agreements and the compliance of the SPV and the contractors with their contractual obligations including:
- Power purchase agreements and FIT agreements
- Ofgem subsidy process
- Insurance policies and management of claims
- Meter operator agreements
- Import electricity agreements
- Lease agreements and lease payments
- Loan Agreements
- Asset Management Agreements
Prospective candidates should be educated to degree level in an engineering discipline and be able to provide evidence of being / having:
- An experienced professional with at least 7 years of experience and a demonstrable track record of successfully managing commercial agreements in the electricity industry
- A good knowledge of the UK electricity market, including contacts with market players, experience of subsidy mechanisms and the relevant administrative processes, and clear understanding of the regulatory principles of the UK market.
- A self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy industry, desire for success and the willingness to challenge the status quo in order to maximise assets’ ROI safely following best practise guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups. Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholder groups including OEMs, contractors and clients.
- Professionalism, the ability to understand and manage client expectations and deliver high quality service
- The ability to work with minimum supervision when interfacing with stakeholders but who is also able to work with all members and external client teams as and when necessary to implement initiatives to maximise revenues and optimise performance.
- Robust and resilient character with the ability to operate optimally within a fast-paced, private equity-backed environment.