Excellent plus bonus
almost 2 years ago
The Green Recruitment Company represents a market leading company who develop, finance and manage renewable energy assets across Europe and are considered one of the “key players” within the renewable sector. They are looking for a Development Project Manager to join their operations in the United Kingdom..
Our client is considered one of the world’s leading service providers, operating along the entire value chain of renewable energy assets. They have executed more than 550 projects in 22 countries around the world, and boasts a combined track-record of over 16GW and more than 1GW of assets under management from renewable sources.
- Working in Netherlands and other countries, originating greenfield, co-development and acquisitions opportunities for Wind and potentially Solar projects including submission of HoTs, review and negotiation of land options and leases;
- Working with co-development partners on development of project pipelines;
- Managing the development of a project within budget from any stage to get it to a ready to build state, including dealing with any appeal process and discharge of relevant conditions, managing all project stakeholders;
- Work with relevant staff to set up greenfield development activities/processes over the medium term;
- Work and assist relevant internal staff to set up community investment in projects in the country;
- Assist/co-work in the negotiations for a joint development agreement and carrying out necessary due diligence with internal and external resource;
- Carry out other “ad-hoc” activities required to achieve Company’s objectives; be proactive in meeting Group objectives. Engage in industry consultations so the company can act on new trends; Analysis of regulation and risks & presenting this;
- To carry out any internal management reporting required.
- University degree in an Engineering, Science, or Commercial subject
- 5+ years’ experience of developing renewable energy projects, preferably multi-nationally
- Fluency in English is essential. An additional Scandinavian or European language would also be desirable
- Experience of wind and/or solar project development with consent achieved or experience of appeal process
- Knowledge of mapping (GIS) and wind analysis (WindPro) software would be desirable
- Understanding project risks and mitigants
- Hosting expertise to deliver on time and prioritise