2 months ago
Join a fast-growing renewable energy infrastructure player looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team and to help support the Company grow their project pipeline through identifying opportunities to secure projects individually or via joint development arrangements or acquisitions, whilst developing and maintaining relationships with strategic counterparties to develop utility-scale solar and wind projects.
- Represent the Company in Iberia before the following stakeholders as needed: developers, local authorities, landowners, local communities and other regulatory/political bodies.
- Originate opportunities, manage transactions and close deals with development partners in order to build up a pipeline of projects that can be taken through to RTB status.
- Ensure that the Company is tracking the development status of projects in its pipeline, liaise with development partners to deliver projects to RTB, on time and in line with budgeted KPIs.
- Define and supervise project schedules and budgets, maintain the quality control of deliverables, oversee risk management and the preparation of necessary internal reports.
- Coordinate external service providers and internal teams to deliver a successful project through to RTB, covering legal, environmental, technical and commercial topics.
- Support the Technical Department in completing preliminary plant design by providing also the specific knowledge related to the country and/or state regulations.
- University degree in engineering, law or business preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in business and project development roles in the renewable sector covering utility scale wind and/or solar projects in Spain and Portugal.
- Understanding of the project development process, regulation, including licenses, permits and interactions between the developers and third parties until the project reaches RTB status in Spain and Portugal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Experience with dealing with utilities, distributors and generators and a good network of contacts in those companies, able to manage sometimes difficult situations.