Business Development Manager - Solar Consultancy - UK
- Posted 02 November 2020
- Salary DOE
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameNathan Quinn
A rare opportunity to join a leading international consultancy. The successful candidate will create business development opportunities across the UK
- Be a company representative for the Solar Business in the UK market.
- Reporting the day to day commercial development of the BD activities to the Business Unit Director of Company and monthly to the BS Head of the sub-sector Solar
- In collaboration with the Direct Manager and with the BS Head of the sub-sector Solar develop and implement commercial strategies to ensure the future growth of the business in line with expectations and set targets.
- Build and submit competitive customer quotations ensuring profitable delivery is achievable.
- Achieve monthly sales targets
- Keep contacts with the main stakeholders of the market (e.g. BEIS, OFGEM, National GRID, DNOs, LCCC, MCS, REA, Renewables UK, Solar Trade Association, UKAS)
- Visit existing company UK MCS customers and existing UK customers of the other company sisters (e. g Italy, Germany, Sweden), giving continuity to the offer of the company’s services for Solar
- Organize and carry out targeted visits to new potential customers such as:
- Large developers / investors / IPP / utilities for M&P.
- Manufacturers of local PV modules, Inverters and Batteries for a Sub-company and Italy Lab.
- Increase the MCS market share of Company in Renewables inside UK and abroad, supporting the other local Company accounts to acquire new MCS clients in their territory
- Aim to position ourselves in the long period among the top 3 TIC companies in the UK market for Renewables, starting from Solar. Actions:
- Develop the UK commercial network also through participation in sector fairs / events / conferences (e.g. Solar and Finance, Solar and Storage Live, Ecobuild/Futurebuild, Rushlight events).
- Taking part at round tables and public speech organized by the main UK Renewables Associations (e.g. Solar Media), increasing the network and the presence of the brand in the territory.
- Become a member and be an active participant of the most important technical tables organized by local committees (like IEC TC82, IEC TC316) with the aim to get involved for the strategic decisions of the market.
- Create relationships with consultancy companies (e. g. legal advisors).
- Introduce and qualify the Company among the main credit institutions (e. g. banks and insurance companies).
- Retrieve the main information regarding the sector regulations, the authorization procedures to be followed, the connection procedure to the grid, the incentive schemes.
- Collaborate with other BDs and Sales inside the BS Renewable Energies in order to harmonize commercial strategy and try to follow Key Clients with a dedicated One Stop Shop Service.
- Work in open collaboration with International Company colleagues to maximise global opportunities.
- Degree in Electrical or Energy or Environmental Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of the UK Solar market.
- 3-5 Years of previous experience in International Business Development for multinational corporations.
- Previous significant sales experiences at International level.
- Relevant experience of managing Customers.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work and reach targets set independently (Self Starting).
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Good working knowledge of typical IT tools (Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Dynamism, aptitude for problem solving and teamwork, practicality, reliability, flexibility, and results oriented.
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal relations at all levels.