$150,000 + super and benefits
almost 2 years ago
A leading international renewable energy developer are looking to build on their impressive portfolio of projects across Australia by hiring a Business Development Manager to join their growing commercial team in Sydney.
You will take the lead on business development in Australia to enable the company to become the preferred supplier of Power Purchase Agreements (PPA’s) in the Commercial and Industrial space. You will also lead developments of new offtake solutions across energy storage, solar PV and onshore wind projects. Lastly, you will structure any transactions for the business effectively for incoming debt and equity.
You will be required to:
· Conduct market mapping and scanning activities to generate new business development opportunities with new and existing clients.
· Form and build strategic relationships and partnering opportunities with key contractors and clients across the retail, commercial and industrial sectors.
· Develop, maintain and grow senior level client relationships through regular contact and exceed expectations in the provision of new projects and services.
· Evaluate and manage RFP processes and bid strategy and development to closure.
· Work with transaction and analytical members of the commercial team involved in legal, debt and equity functions.
· Ensure business cases for new business streams and route to market opportunities are consistent, accurate and decisions on investment are made on the best information via a co-ordinated set of metrics, assumptions and outputs.
· Compile business, pipeline and project performance reports for the business
Skills, Experience and Knowledge required:
· 5+ years’ experience in business development in the Australian energy market
· Power Purchase Agreements experience (structure, terms etc).
· Degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Engineering or Mathematics ideally required
· Demonstrated understanding of the Australian electricity energy market.
· Understanding of solar and wind renewable energy projects.
· Knowledge of key project finance documents
· Exposure to contract negotiations