Negotiable plus bonus and benefits
almost 3 years ago
The Business Development Manager will be a full-time member of UK&I Commercial team and will work closely with each of the Profit Centre Managers and business leads on the securing of new business opportunities within the UK&I across all of the key technologies (wind, solar and battery storage): Development Services, Construction services, Onshore and offshore Asset Management, O&M and other specialist services.
Whilst the role will cover all services delivered by the company, there will be an emphasis on securing Onshore Asset Management and O&M opportunities.
- Understand, and contribute to the development of, the services to be offered, their costs (and cost models) and profitability;
- Support the commercial team and Profit Centre Managers in the development of the marketing plan in one or more profit centres;
- Plan and deliver a programme of business development activity to meet revenue and profit targets;
- Develop and maintain client relationships including preparing and delivering presentations to clients and identifying and generating opportunities to submit bids;
- Evaluate partnering and acquisition opportunities;
- Lead the preparation of bids or support others preparing bids and manage relevant opportunities through to contract signature;
- Be responsible for managing the overall programme of opportunities within one or more profit centres and ensure it is correctly recorded within the CRM database;
- Support procurement activities for downstream contracts by providing detailed specification and pricing structure and liaising with the procurement team; and
- Evaluate technical capabilities and H&S record of relevant contractors.
Alongside the technical accountabilities, the role will also require:
- Travel within UK and Europe; and
- Attendance at key and relevant conferences including presenting at public events to enhance the company’s visibility in the market.
- Knowledge of typical contents of a marketing plan for selling services in a B2B environment;
- Knowledge of business development process typically used for selling services in a B2B environment;
- Knowledge of the principles of key account management; and
- Knowledge of the UK wind/solar/storage renewable energy sectors, in particular the drivers of the cost of energy that service providers can influence.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly for leading teams drawn from across the company to develop tenders and for representing the company credibly and presenting our services clearly and positively in face-to-face meetings, presentations and written proposals with clients, contractors and other stakeholders;
- Strong numerical analysis skills required for developing cost models to for delivering technical services (such as asset management and O&M) under long term contracts;
- Strong research and strategic analysis;
- Good organisational skills to meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous tenders and other business development activities; and
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in planning and delivering business development activities (with clients and contractors) for selling services in a B2B environment;
- Experience in preparing proposals;
- Experience of working within the UK (wind/solar/storage) renewable energy sectors
- A degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or equivalent qualification is desirable, but a proven background in a relevant business development activity may be sufficient; and
- Hold a UK driving licence.