The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a multinational consultancy which offers a spectrum of advisory services: helping customers navigate complex competitive energy supply markets through to implementing decarbonisation roadmaps and renewable energy projects. This client specialises in designing a holistic strategy encompassing energy reporting, energy supply and energy management programmes and to actively track and evaluate the performance of that strategy over time.
The Business Development Manager will join the regional sales team as a subject matter expert who will evangelise the client’s Energy Advisory solutions – goal - drive revenue for the company. The Business Development Manager will enjoy autonomy as well as the support of a bright, dedicated, and team-oriented sales team.
- Prospect for and recruit new customers for via direct sales;
- Develop customer market segmentation, targeting strategies, and sales planning as necessary and in conjunction with objectives of the EMEA sales team;
- Use existing and future internal systems for pipeline management and sales progress reporting as well as forecasting;
- Analyse customer energy and facility data to understand a company's business needs and related energy management needs and propose solutions in line with the client’s portfolio of offerings;
- Negotiate and close contracts;
This role requires a confident and professional self-starter who is comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership, highly-motivated to find and close business, focused on meeting the customer’s needs, and able to work well within a team of sales managers in a rapidly growing business. Proven success prospecting and navigating complex sales and generating proposals to meet a customer’s unique energy management needs is critical.
- Experience within the energy space, such as energy supply, procurement, energy software, electrical hardware, or billing and tariff analysis is preferred
- At least 5 years of outside sales experience
- At least 3 years of B2B sales experience
- Experience with closing sales of energy solutions, energy hardware, energy software, energy procurement, consulting, battery storage, electric vehicles, or energy management services in the commercial, institutional, and or industrial markets.
- An inherent hunter mentality and lead generation expertise as well as the ability to quickly identify and qualify sales opportunities to build and maintain a pipeline for new business