Up to £40,000
4 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the leading international energy consultancies in their search for a Business Development Manager that would focus on working within the sales team to generate new sales and develop their client portfolio, based in the UK.
The position needs someone with experience in and a passion for sales, particularly within consultative selling and services industry. The business has a wide service offering, including but not limited to energy procurement, bureau, energy management, electric vehicles, renewables and products. Successful candidates with be expected to prospect stakeholders and secure engagements with target companies.
- Supporting the field sales team, reporting to the project manager
- Selling to both large and multinational organisations
- Prospecting stakeholders and securing engagement with target companies
- Proven track record in self-generating business leads and opportunities
- Essential experience in meeting and exceeding tight deadlines
- Ability to interpret and understand customer and client needs
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the business and its portfolio
- Assisting in tailoring the company’s portfolio to the needs of the EMEA market
- Engaging and working with multiple sales teams to generate customer solutions
- Flexibility to travel to meetings as required
Skills (i.e. communication / problem solving / autonomy/ analytical / meet deadlines)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required.
- Ability to build client relationships.
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills.
- A good level of commercial understanding.
- Be a self-driven, influential and creative candidate.
Knowledge (experience, qualifications, IT Literacy / packages, commercial awareness)
- 2+ years’ sales experience
- Experience working within energy supply related selling in a consultative setting and the services industry.
- Proven record of exceeding and achieving high targets
- Fluent in English, other languages are advantageous
- Proficient with Microsoft Office systems
- Evidence of experience with CRM systems (salesforce.com or equivalent)