over 1 year ago
TGRC are working with an International Renewable Energy IPP who have been rapidly expanding their US offering over the last three years. With 31 MW of projects under construction in Massachusetts and an additional portfolio representing 50MW of secured sites, the business are looking for an experienced Business Development Director to lead a team of finance associates and project originators in a team that expects to double in size over the next three years. The successful candidate will have extensive transcation experience in Solar and or Wind technologies and will be responsible for originating and developing Solar project activity across the North East US.
- Manage a growing multi-discipline team of Site originators and Business Developers: ensure culture percolates within the team, motivate, recruit, train, develop skills, coach all the members of your team….
- Elaborate the commercial strategy of the North East US and drive its implementation
- Monitor the achievement of results and control the outlays linked to the development activity
- Organize the reporting and participate to the Group reporting committees
- Identify new opportunities or partnerships through your network of contacts
- Structure and organize the commercial activity of your team
- Spearhead negotiations of complex projects up till their successful conclusion
- Support your team in their critical missions (M&A offers, bids, projects listing into the State programs)
- Validate all commercial offers and their associated business plan prior to making a biding offer
- Pay regular visits to main partners and clients
- Represent the Company in all private or industry events
- Coordinate with the other teams: Engineering, M&A, Finance, Construction, Operations…
- Work on the continuous improvement of the business development process
- Ensure that the projects developed follow the rules and the quality standards of the business.
- Keep abreast of the trends in the various States solar markets, notably of regulatory requirements and of competitors
- Promote the creation of new markets or products
- Elaborate, in collaboration with the Executive Team, the corresponding new business models
- Implement the commercial strategy on the identified new opportunities
- You are vouching for reaching the objectives of the Solar Regional objectives.
- You have more than 10 to 15 years of professional experience with many years with similar responsibilities in the renewable energy space.
- You have demonstrated the ability to be successful: you have high interpersonal skills, you know how to motivate, manage and coach a team that will deliver the expected results.
- You have a comprehensive experience in developing renewable energy projects, you do understand the market dynamics in each States and what is at stake. Ideally, you have realized several acquisitions of projects or plants.
- Shrewd negotiator, you have the capacity to appraise, conclude and manage strategic partnerships and complex transactions.
- You enjoy taking initiatives, you have strong operational skills orientated towards achieving goals and a great sense of team spirit and accountability.
- You are convinced that renewable energies will play a major role in the future and you are an advocate of the transition to clean energy.
- You are willing to join a company with a strong start-up culture, experiencing very high growth and which sets for itself ambitious and captivating goals.