2 months ago
Excellent opportunity for a Business Development Director for Germany to join a fast-growing team and to help support the Company’s mission by spearheading their Business Development activities in the country.
- Establish and lead the company’s Business Development presence in Germany;
- Set up, own and implement a Business Development strategy and business plan for the country, with the aim to establish and grow a high-quality renewable energy project pipeline, and convert it toward ready-to-build status, in accordance with budgets and schedules;
- Establish, negotiate and manage local partnerships with key reputable local developers under Joint Development Agreement (“JDA”) or Joint-Venture (“JV”) arrangement frameworks;
- Identify, contract and manage advisers, consultants and supporting services in line with Group guidelines and best practices to help achieving company’s goals with focus on quality and value-add;
- Hire and lead additional internal Business Development resources as required to help the growth of the business;
- Work in close coordination with the company’s M&A team to identify, assess and close possible acquisition targets to accelerate the company’s business plan in Germany;
- Monitor country market dynamics and regulatory environments to inform investment decisions;
- Manage transaction and project schedules, tasks and budgets as well as core financial analysis and benchmarking tools, maintain the quality control of deliverables, support risk management and prepare internal reports and decision papers;
- Develop collaborative and productive ways of working with the Group’s matrix functions including Finance, Legal, EPC and Commercial;
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, best-practice development of processes and tools for business development activities in general.
- University degree in engineering, law, finance, economics or business preferred;
- 8 to 10 years of meaningful renewable energy Business Development experience in Germany, ideally with a developer, an investor or an IPP;
- An analytical mindset with a naturally structured way of working;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, German and at least one other European language;