Dependant on Experience + Commission
27 days ago
Responsibility for all commercial aspects in regards to the profitability of the territory, the deployment of resources, account management, to include price and contract agreement and management, development of both existing and new accounts, and ensuring all administration is completed correctly in a timely fashion. Develop strong industry relationships to ensure and raise the company and its profile within the growing market place. Work closely with the technical and commercial team.
· Ensure the delivery of the commercial plan in liaison with the key stakeholders to achieve budgetary targets in terms of the profitability for the channel based on sales margins and volumes and the deployment and associated costs of resources in order to maximise potential financial contribution to the company.
· Segment and target customers and prospects to maximise the number and volume of products supplied, in order to maximise the potential financial contribution, utilising available commercial, technical and category support where appropriate.
· Focus on selling value added products that offer the highest contribution by face to face and office based biomass sales appointments.
· Provide service appropriate to contribution potential by further segmenting customer and prospect base in terms of how we interact - face to face, telephone, technical, office sales, category and customer support.
· Develop strong relationships with customers and be able to offer sound technical advice in line with business standards, in order to add value and improve profitability.
· Develop and maintain strong industry relationships in the biomass sector, to ensure the maximum profit and that the Channel raises its profile and is aligned to industry direction.
· Work collaboratively with aligned credit controller to proactively manage debt and credit limits for the customers in line with business objectives.
· Take ownership for the territory and ledger, ensuring collaboration with functional teams as appropriate. Share up to date market knowledge and opportunities for new product development with colleagues enabling us to maximise potential market opportunities.
· Adhere to business sales processes, contract management and maintain database systems in line with business objectives to facilitate the targeting and segmenting of customers and prospects to maximise contribution.
· Contribute to a culture within the sales team which seeks to work collaboratively within the Channel, and with cross-channel and functional colleagues.
· Any other duties considered appropriate for the role.
Skills & Experience
· Analytical with strong commercial awareness
· Able to communicate effectively at all levels
· Good organisational skills
· Able to effectively network with industry influencers to raise business profile
· Develop in depth understanding of the fundamental drivers of the biomass industry.
· Able to develop knowledge of biomass nutrition and challenges
· Numerate with the ability to understand performance data.
· A strong desire to succeed and an absolute can do attitude.
· An understanding that the work load is not even paced whilst having the ability to prioritise and delegate where necessary.
· Nutritional sales experience in a feed or biomass role could be advantageous.