Newcastle upon Tyne
up to £34,000 + 20% bonus + benefits
over 1 year ago
The Green Recruitment Company are currently partnered with a global, market-leading IPP who are looking to hire a Battery Storage O&M Technician to be based in the North of England.
This is a site-based role performing operational and maintenance duties on utility-scale battery storage plants up to 35 MW in size. The overall purpose of the role is to ensure the plants achieve outstanding levels of safety and performance at minimum cost.
- Take responsibility for project controlling. Manage the operation of projects in a safe, reliable and efficient manner
- Day to Day online monitoring, recording, identifying and handling incidents that interrupt power generation or general project functionality. Keep records included but not limited with call outs, spare parts and in general all day to day activities.
- Take responsibility for Delivery of O&M services according to the EPC / O&M contracts.
- Manage external parties like public authorities, grid operator and others.
- Manage customer service, relationships and contacts.
- Manage subcontractors’ relationships and contacts (ref. Subcontractor evaluation form.xlsx)
- Collaborate with team director, design and construction team to ensure operations will meet all obligations/ performance guarantees and company standards.
- Management of projects handover between EPC and O&M.
- Monthly reports to customers and to company.
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing large-scale operational sites and will have developed a specialism in one or more of the following areas:
- Fully qualified electrician with experience of operation and maintenance,
- Installing, configuring or troubleshooting electrical protection systems,
- Working with operational SCADA, control or instrument systems,
- Heating, Ventilation and Cooling systems (HVAC),
- Industrial batteries and Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS),
- Inverter/converter maintenance and troubleshooting experience,
- High voltage authorisation, switching, fault finding and maintenance,
- Familiarity with fire protection/suppression and CCTV system.
Candidates will need to be located near one of the operational plants and have a full driving licence.
The role will require availability for weekend on-call duties and some out of hours working.