Backend Software Engineer
- Posted 03 March 2022
- Salary Competitive Salary (DOE)
- LocationUnited States of America
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure, Digital & Technology
- Contact NameCarlos Aviles
This is a remote opportunity
We’re in search of a Back-End Software Engineer that specializes in server-side components. In this role, you’ll primarily work in Python applications & Cloud development and will bring a depth of knowledge on basic algorithms and data structures. As a Back-End Software Engineer, on any given day you might be architecting new features for our customers, refactoring existing code to be more scalable, and seeing changes through to completion in a live environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build robust and scalable software in Python, Node, or Go.
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members.
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of Back-End Software Engineers, Project Lead, and System Administrators.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- 3-7 years of recent hands-on coding and software design.
- Masters degree or more in Computer Science or a related field.
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices, and Agile Software Development.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable, and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Strong familiarity with Web Server technologies including NGINX, Apache
- Establish Back-End Software Engineer best practices.
- Good knowledge of data security and compliance
- Expert with multiple AWS services viz. SQS, SNS, SES, S3, EC2, Lambdas etc
- Knowledge in database systems like RDS, MySQL, ElasticSearch, and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Redis.
- Work autonomously, are excited by new technologies, and will never back down from the challenges of scale.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, shell scripting, etc
- Experience deploying ML models is a plus.
- Experience working with time-series data is also a plus.