9 months ago
A dynamic new role has arisen with an established international Renewable Energy Developer who are seeking an Assistant Project Development Manager to join their growing Australian operation.
You will be focused on supporting a team of Project Managers on a range of wind and solar energy development projects. You will be responsible for supporting a small team of experienced Development Project Managers in the development of new wind and solar energy projects across Australia.
This is a great opportunity to join a global giant in the renewable energy sector in a strategically important position for the company. There will be the opportunity to progress to a Development Manager’s role in due course.
As Assistant Project Development Manager you will:
· Support the planning and co-ordination of internal resources and external consultancy resources to deliver early phase development activities in support of the renewable Development Team
· Assist with scoping and contracting of environmental assessment work
· Support and facilitate the completion of initial site assessments, including site visits
· Oversee the preparation of early phase environmental impact studies
· Assist with managing external consultants
· Draft supporting documentation, including consultancy agreements, risk assessments etc
· Assist with documenting and managing project information and approval processes
· Support the development of new ways to manage project information and internal processes
· Support the Property Managers with title searches, letters and updating GIS cadastral information
· Support technical analysts with research and development of geospatial dataset
· Support the team with any required mail merges to landowners or project stakeholders
· Manage databases and information resources on behalf of the team
· Support with the creation of content and management of internal and project website pages
· Support Project Development Managers and others with the arrangements for public exhibitions and events
Requirements from You:
· Project development management experience in the renewable energy sector
· Experience in the development of renewable energy projects in Australia
· Knowledge of the renewables industry.
· Understanding of planning and environmental impact assessment requirements.
· Experience working with a multinational company
· A degree in a relevant field, engineering, legal, business, planning or environmental for example
· Flexibility to travel internationally when the need arises
· Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
· Good team working and team management skills