Assistant Project Development Manager - Onshore Wind Projects
My client is a leading developer of onshore wind energy projects, based in Scotland. They have 3.5 GW of projects at various stages in their pipeline.
• Collaborate closely with the Project Manager to comprehend the requirements for delivering projects at a superior level of quality.
• Assume leadership responsibilities in project management when necessary.
• Provide support for environmental surveys on both EIA and non-EIA projects, applying expertise in environmental and planning legislation.
• Contribute to initial and comprehensive multidisciplinary technical studies throughout the phases of prospecting, site assessment, EIA, consenting, and design in all renewable development projects.
• Aid Project Managers in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with landowners and/or tenants relevant to the projects.
• Utilize available software tools for site analysis and conducting surveys to assess the feasibility of commercial wind and renewable projects.
• Utilize available software tools to enhance maps, plans, and other design-based documents, improving site quality and assisting in the submission of supporting statements for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) in planning applications.
• Participate in and assist in organizing site visits and community meetings.
• Work closely with the Communities team to ensure exceptional community engagement throughout all project stages.
• Maintain effective communication with team members across the organization to ensure adequate project support.
• Prepare and deliver progress reports for each project managed, either in meetings or via email.
• Support colleagues in their personal and professional growth, contributing to a positive working environment.
• Exhibit exemplary behaviour and innovative practices as part of our collaborative approach.
3+ years of experience within a renewable energy developer or consultancy
Understanding of planning & EIA in the wind energy project development process