The Green Recruitment Company are delighted to be working exclusively with Salix Finance on an Assistant Director of Programmes Role.
Salix Finance Ltd (Salix) is a non-departmental public body, owned wholly by HM Government, established to accelerate public sector investment in energy efficiency technologies. Salix is funded by the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), the Department for Education (DfE) and the Welsh and Scottish Governments, and works with public sector bodies throughout the UK, helping them to make progress towards achieving their carbon reduction targets.
Salix employs over 100 staff and are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold Award and came first in the Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for in category small companies, not for profit category in 2021.
As one of the 2 Assistant Directors, you will assist the Directors of Programmes to drive performance across the business, including line managing up to 3-4 Senior 2 Programme Managers, overseeing the strategy and delivery plans for their teams and providing leadership to ensure successful delivery of our programmes. You will be responsible for managing multiple Salix Loan & Grants Programmes across these teams and strategically developing the future pipeline of projects across funding programmes. On a regular basis, you will prepare performance reviews for the Chief Executive, Director of Programmes, Director of Strategy & Technical Services, Director of Finance & Resources and the Board of Salix. The role deputises for the Director as required.
Salix is going through a period of significant financial growth. A substantial aspect of this role is to support the growth of the company and concentrate on building the customer base with a sustainable pipeline of project opportunities across all programmes in England, Scotland and Wales. You will also be an active member of the Corporate Management Team, contributing to strategic decision making across the company and leading multi-team projects Your supporting team of Senior Programme Managers are jointly responsible for managing the delivery of ~£1bn of project delivery which is expected to grow over the next five years. The successful candidate will also develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships with funders, clients and partners and to ensure that all risks in the lifecycle of the Loan and or Grant Programmes and with individual projects are managed effectively.
Performance and Delivery
- Reporting on the performance of programmes to the Director of Programmes, Director of Finance & Resources and the Chief Executive
- Managing the reporting of key indicators across programme teams, including: projections of monthly and end of year project commitments and completions; end of year cash position; budgeting of claims for new funding
- Support the Directors of Programmes in preparing reports to funders on programme delivery
- Deliver monthly written reports on programme activities to the Salix Board
- Managing programme risk registers and providing input on the Board’s strategic company-wide risk register
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with delivery partners. For this position, it includes BEIS, DfE, EFSA, DoH, OFS, SFC, Welsh Government and Scottish Government
- Build new and maintain existing client and stakeholder relationships to sustain the pipeline of projects to deliver the annual outputs our funders require
- Develop relationships with new potential funders and obtain additional investment to allow us to undertake more projects and attract new clients
- Managing completions including: accurate forecasting and budgeting of claims, managing risks of abandonments, ensuring timely payments are made to clients
- Establish and maintain systems and processes to ensure the effective delivery of key projects
- Support the Director of programmes in developing, implementing and reviewing strategy and resourcing plans for the Delivery team.
- Ensure teams maintain a risk register and effectively manage risks
- Lead on Managing key delivery programmes as assigned by the Director of Programmes. This could include Recycling Funds, Salix Energy Efficiency Loans, Low Carbon Skills Funds and other new programmes as they are launched.
- Support the development of improvements to the IT systems used by Salix to support programme delivery
- Lead, Manage and motivate direct reports, who lead small teams of staff delivering Salix programmes using the Salix performance management framework
- Develop, promote and adhere to Salix working procedures; working consistently across all programmes and input into the improvement of corporate processes
- Take part in strategic planning and budget setting to ensure effective funding implementation
- Actively contribute to Salix becoming a modern company with a national reputation for excellence and a company that puts into practice lowering our carbon footprint
- Active member of the Corporate Management Team
- Lead the induction programme for new Delivery team staff
- Implement in your working practice the values of Salix
Marketing & Communications
- Promote and market the work of Salix across the public sector to reach a position where we are regarded the market leaders in energy efficiency
- Undertake market sizing and research into new opportunities, where necessary
- Responsible for business development, supporting the growth of the company by building the customer base and project pipeline across all sectors
- To work with the Salix PR & Marketing team to identify beneficial marketing opportunities
- Responsible for representing Salix and presenting at various promotional events
- Arrange and attend funder meetings and client visits as appropriate
- Out of hours work when required and regular travel around the UK
- Ensure team staff are trained and developed according to job requirements to ensure Salix has the skills and experience to expand its business over the period of its current strategy
- Develop strengths and skills of team members; undertake performance management and appraisals, supporting team members in their personal development and training plans
- Responsible for individual and team health and safety
- Recruitment and induction of new staff and conducting end of probation interviews
- Ensure the values of the company are demonstrated in all aspects of people management
- Manage poor performance, Sickness, any unauthorised Absence etc in line with Salix policy
- Also to include any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade.
The position has been advertised on Monday 27 September 2021
Applications for the position will be closed on Tuesday 12 October 2021
Shortlisting will take place week commencing Thursday 14 October 2021
If you are shortlisted interviews will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday 19 October and Wednesday 20 October 2021