€40,000 - €50,000
about 1 year ago
A unique opportunity to join a leading renewable energy and infrastructure investment fund. With a few billion £'s worth of assets under management they are one of the largest players in European Solar. This position will be based in their Madrid office and will include the oversight of the technical and commercial performance of the Spanish Solar portfolio with a view to optimizing cash flows and investment value on behalf of clients.
This role offers an individual the opportunity to make a positive and material impact to the business – there is scope for someone to personalise the job and introduce process improvements, risk and management frameworks.
Technical Asset Management
- Be able to complete site visits to ensure installations meet the correct quality, technical specifications and built to the agreed design
- Be able to review and comment on plant lay-outs, designs and yield calculations
- Assist during commissioning and PAC process.
- Oversight of response to non-routine operational issues occurring at sites (material equipment failure etc) with the aim of maximising production across the portfolio
- Oversight contract management – ensuring that all services required by the O&M or EPC contracts are actioned accordingly
- Responsible of the negotiation of O&M contracts.
- Follow up daily performance of the assets
- Negotiation of commercial settlements to contractual disputes
- Management of EPC claims, negotiation with EPCs following commissioning
- Management of insurance claims processing
- Liaising with Grid operator to manage incidents and scheduled down time
- Good understanding of sub-station design, grid cable routes, high level design and cost estimations
- Work with finance team managing processes around bonds and cash retention.
- Building and managing relationships with external stakeholder and key counterparties responsible for the operation of the projects across the portfolio with a view to achieving the best commercial outcomes for the equity investors. These counterparties range from EPC contractors and O&M contractors to the Owner’s Engineer, Debt Providers, PPA Offtakers, Health & Safety Advisers, external legal counsel and grid operators.
- With input from the Senior Investment Manager and Technical Portfolio Managers holding O&M contractors accountable for the performance of projects in operations within the constraints of the O&M contract (KPI monitoring, asset optimisation, punch list close out, etc.).
- Support with any matters arising from Debt provision
Accounts and Compliance:
- Co-ordinating with the London Portfolio Management team to have financial statements prepared for each Project SPV;
- Co-ordinating payments from project accounts as required (with assistance from London and locally);
- Ensuring the compliance of the power purchase agreements and the reporting and invoicing process.
- Managing insurance policies.
- Ensuring insurance regime compliance.
- Top tier professionalism
- Highly organised and capable of managing multiple short and long lead time workstreams in parallel
- Acute attention to detail
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to build relationships quickly and influence with reason
- Curious with a willingness to interrogate
- A good balance of commercial, business and technical skills
- Experience working as part of a team and independently
- Strong management skills and analytical experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in a clear concise way
- Contract literacy, i.e. ability/willingness to read key commercial contracts and understand risk allocation and two way obligations between parties (e.g. EPC contract, O&M contract, Debt Facility Agreement, etc.)
- Relevant or transferable degree.
- Risk awareness and mindset would be ideal, i.e. the ability to identify risks and put in place effective mitigants.