Asset Manager - Solar - Exeter
- Posted 03 September 2019
- Salary Up to £35,000
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameNathan Quinn
A unique opportunity to join a leading renewable energy asset manager. A privately-owned investment company committed to the development and operation of renewable energy power production at scale. Our client invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of proven renewable energy technologies including solar, wind, waste to energy, energy storage and energy efficiency. A strong track record in the development, construction, financing and management of renewable energy assets.
- Tracking Local planning authority requirements and reporting
- Monitor contractor performance during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance with a view to ensuring all contracted SLA’s are met or bettered
- Review regular and other reporting provided by the contractors and ensure any issues are being suitably addressed
- Build strong relationships with contractors
- Support the technical asset management team in the supervision of sub-contractors or overseeing the work of management contractors where required
- Track KPIs and report on each; PPM, daily faults and punchlists plus DNO outages to monitor the performance of each asset
- Identify equipment faults, establish MTBF and MTTR metrics and report. Troubleshooting activities with support from the Technical & Performance Asset Manager
- Daily Monitoring of each asset at string level
- Accurate logging & reporting of all incidents, remedial actions and resolutions
- To identify issues causing under-performance and to support the Performance team on the production of investigative reports to identify root cause and suggested mitigation
- Support the preparation of regular asset management reports on each asset
- Visit company sites to assess status and conditions
- Liaise with O&M Contractors regarding contractual enforcement
- Prospective candidates should be educated to degree level in an engineering or commercial discipline and be able to provide evidence of being / having:
- At least 1 year of experience in the energy and renewables industry.
- A self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy industry, desire for success and the willingness to challenge the status quo in order to maximise assets’ ROI safely following best practise guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- Professionalism, the ability to understand and manage client expectations and deliver high quality service
- Excellent EXCEL and Database skills, comfortable with manipulating large data sets and data analysis to support commercial decision making.
- Robust and resilient character with the ability to operate optimally within a fast-paced, private equity-backed environment.