Competitive Salary (DOE)
Charlie Wilkes Green
2 months ago
Charlie Wilkes Green
My client is an international renewable firm covering the whole energy chain from development and construction to operation. My client’s portfolio in the UK is nearly 1000MW and further afield, hold assets internationally around the world.
My client is seeking an Asset Manager for their Wind Energy Assets in UK. The suitable candidate should have ~ 10 years of industry experience and at least 5 years as an Asset Manager. This role has responsibility for managing large scale onshore wind projects from a: commercial, financial and technical basis. Someone with a contractual and stakeholder management mindset is key for this role.
The role will require the successful candidate to directly manage and take responsibility for my client’s portfolio across the UK (currently consisting of ~ 1000 MWs of wind projects in total). Through close working relationships with the O&M teams, you will pursue optimising the performance and returns, whilst also looking to identify continual improvements. You will also oversee a variety of operational, commercial and financial matters associated to the running of their operational portfolio and a diverse mix of technologies.
Duties will include:
- Taking complete responsibility for a portfolio of Wind energy projects including:
- HSE governance
- Aligning with internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Legal, Origination, Technical etc) across the business to enhance performance of projects
- Responsibility of project finance
- Leading the production of reports outlining financial performance, risks and technical issues
- Enhancing current asset management practices and procedures
- Ensuring wind portfolio risks and issues are managed, mitigated and reported appropriately
- Leading on O&M / asset management strategy for existing and new projects to optimise P&L over time
- Managing and ensuring both commercial and technical compliance with technical O&M contracts, land leases and other wind farm contracts
- Preparing, agreeing and managing budgets
- Ensuring operational payments are managed over time
- Procurement, management and negotiation of all project contracts / work packages
- Support the Origination Team on project development.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate experience in asset management within the renewables industry.
- Significant experience in O&M of wind assets, specifically onshore wind (as a facility engineer, technical advisor)
- A sufficient understanding of project finance documents and financial reporting
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to review and reassess priorities in response to challenging situations and deadlines
- Appropriate engineering or relevant qualification