Asset Manager - Onshore Wind - London
- Posted 14 April 2021
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameCharlie Wilkes-Green
My client is an international renewable firm covering the whole energy chain from development and construction to operation. While based in London, the company’s portfolio is located across the Americas and Europe and holds a portfolio of ~ 5 GW of Assets in: wind, solar, hydro, thermal and T&D.
My client are seeking an Asset Manager for their Wind Energy Assets in UK. The suitable candidate should have ~ 10 years of industry experience and at least 3 years as an Asset Manager. Reporting into Head of Asset Management Northern & Western Europe, this role has responsibility for managing large scale onshore wind projects from a: commercial, financial and technical basis. Someone with a contractual and stakeholder management mindset is key for this role.
The role will require the successful candidate to directly manage and take responsibility for my client’s portfolio across the UK (currently consisting of ~ 400 MWs of wind projects in total) on a day to day basis from a commercial, financial and technical basis. When my client’s portfolio expands across more of Northern Europe, it is expected that the successful candidate will also take responsibility for these projects too. The Asset Manager will also intermittently take responsibility for some solar projects when required.
Duties will include:
- Taking complete responsibility for a portfolio of Wind energy projects including:
- HSE governance
- Aligning with internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Legal, Origination, Technical etc) across the business to enhance performance of projects
- Responsibility of project finance
- Leading the production of reports outlining financial performance, risks and technical issues
- Enhancing Cubico’s current asset management practices and procedures
- Ensuring wind portfolio risks and issues are managed, mitigated and reported appropriately
- Leading on O&M / asset management strategy for existing and new projects to optimise P&L over time
- Managing and ensuring both commercial and technical compliance with technical O&M contracts, land leases and other wind farm contracts
- Preparing, agreeing and managing budgets
- Ensuring operational payments are managed over time
- Procurement, management and negotiation of all project contracts / work packages
- Support the Origination Team on project development.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
The successful candidate will:
Demonstrate experience in asset management within the renewables industry.
Significant experience in O&M of wind assets, specifically onshore wind (as a facility engineer, technical advisor)
A sufficient understanding of project finance documents and financial reporting
Excellent communications skills
Ability to review and reassess priorities in response to challenging situations and deadlines
Appropriate engineering or relevant qualification
£60K + ~ 25% bonus + other company benefits.