20 days ago
A fantastic opportunity for an Asset Manager has arisen to work with one of the world’s leading renewable investment companies in their Australian operations. With a global portfolio of wind, solar and biopower assets, this role is initially focused in the Australia Solar PV market with a view to extend to additional renewable technologies.
This client has recently closed investment on a major solar project in NSW and with an impressive hiring strategy, this is an opportunity to join an organisation where the future for their Australian business looks bright. This role is either based out of Sydney or Melbourne depending on your preference.
As Asset Manager, your role will be divided between executing new investments and managing existing investments. The split responsibilities are as follows:
· Assisting in managing the existing investments with a focus on the technical aspects of the contracts in place to construct renewable energy projects
· Assessing construction quality
· Managing external advisors and construction contractors responsible for construction
· Regularly attending meetings/workshops
· Resolving technical issues relating to construction or operation of projects
· Preparing and presenting reports to investors and investment committee
· Seeking out technical improvements to projects that maximise value for investors
Originating and executing new investments
· Assisting in evaluating new technology and its suitability for Australian deployment
· Selecting advisors, equipment and construction contractors
· Working on due diligence and contract preparation for new investments
· Preparing and managing budgets for Capex and Opex and project schedules
· Defining and monitoring KPI’s for construction and operation phases
· Preparing and presenting materials to the investment committee
· Meeting with prospective investors
· Supporting profile raising activities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
· Eligibility to work in Australia – visa sponsorship is not offered
· Prior experience in working on utility scale renewable energy projects in Australia with knowledge of Australia’s generator interconnection processes
· Electrical Engineering qualification
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Exceptional project management and organisational skills.
· An understanding of core legal concepts, particularly those relating to contracts for the acquisition, construction and management of renewable energy projects.
· A basic understanding of key investment principles