over 2 years ago
The Asset Integrity Engineer will focus on optimising the operational life and yield of the Windfarm by analysing, understanding and reporting on the performance, status and health of all mechanical systems, develop an advanced understanding of all individual risk profiles, and either individually, or working with technical authorities, specialists and stakeholders, develop and implement cost-effective risk mitigation strategies where required. Duties will include but not be limited to: maintenance data-mining and trend analysis, working on large scale technical projects, undertaking complex fatigue investigations, engaging with contractors, developing engineering solutions to ad-hoc issues, feeding into the reporting regime, reporting on elements of individual WTG or whole windfarm structural integrity. The Asset Integrity Engineer, as part of the wider asset integrity team will also be responsible for implementing mitigations and solutions that will reduce through life asset risk and maximise yield.
Reports to: Lead Engineer – Asset Integrity Team
- Report accurately on the performance, status and health of the structural assets.
- Adhere to and operate within the AIM framework, delivering a systematic approach to Asset Management.
- Using data mining and trend analysis identify and classify asset integrity issues resulting from defective manufacture, assembly, installation, commissioning or maintenance of major mechanical components, sources such as contractors’ inspections, bathymetric data, seabed movement, historical reports, maintenance records, turbine SCADA.
- Support the delivery of and challenge root cause analysis studies where appropriate
- Use analytical and statistical tools to identify trends, perform detailed analysis and create reports of the reliability and performance of all protection systems, and identify where remediation may be required.
- Develop deep understanding of all mechanical power transmission and control systems of the WTG: This will include blades, blade bearings, main bearings, gearbox, generator bearings, pitch and yaw control systems, hydraulic power packs, brakes, cranes, cooling, lubrication and condition monitoring systems.
- Develop understanding of offshore structural design basis and the operational and protective systems of the foundations and transition pieces: This will include cranes and electrical systems, fall arrest systems, subsea cable transition (J-tube) and mechanical protection/strain-relief (CPS) systems, subsea cables, and condition monitoring systems.
- Update and maintain the Asset register through use of Management of Change process. Use the CMMS and other tools to perform analysis of turbine, balance of plant and operational performance.
- Work with Specialists to develop appropriate and cost-effective risk mitigation strategies and review external repair recommendations on behalf of the client
- Manage implementation plans for accepted solutions and remediation activity, and analyse solution effectiveness.
- Outline and manage all condition monitoring, inspection and maintenance data collection activity, collate and integrate data to AIM and CMMS systems, use to support quality asset integrity reporting
- Ensuring that all HSE processes and procedures are fully understood and adhered to by contractors
QUALIFICATIONS & PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Degree, preferably Masters, in Marine, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, working towards Chartered status
- 5 years+ working as an asset integrity engineer in the offshore sector, with responsibility for asset integrity, operations and performance improvement.
- Significant experience of using instrumentation and condition monitoring techniques to analyse and report on the condition and integrity of structural and associated systems.
- Ability to demonstrate significant knowledge and understanding of heavy lift marine operations, wind turbine blade erosion analysis, contractor management, offshore wind health and safety, large bearing tribology, mechanical transmissions, rotating equipment
- Experience of the use of advanced data handling and analysis systems and solutions is an advantage
- Ability to quickly produce detailed technical reports.
- Data-driven and solution-oriented
- Organised and methodical approach.
- Flexible and willing to learn complex new systems from a standing start
- Communicative, detail oriented and flexible team player who is highly technically intuitive, motivated and a self-starter