about 2 years ago
A leading international renewable energy developer are growing an Energy Storage team in Australia and are seeking an Applications Engineer as part of this growth phase.
As Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for deploying the company energy management system for their utility scale battery energy storage systems in Australia. You will develop detailed requirements and adapt the energy management platform to meet project specific needs.
You will collaborate closely with the company’s global controls and systems division in order to drive product improvement. You’ll work with renewable engineers and data scientists to improve the product integration with renewable energy plants and to maximise the revenue from the energy storage systems
· Lead the energy management systems deployment
· Lead on configuration and design, implementation, integration testing, SAT and FAT
· Provide battery storage engineering design services to the wider solar and wind project teams
· Interact with the data science division to provide engineering input to battery storage sizing and modelling tools
· Interact with DNOs and grid teams to provide design and functional expertise to facilitate the delivery of battery storage projects
· Manage the technical input by external consultants to the energy battery storage system design and application.
· Produce detailed work in collaboration with Systems Engineers to meet project needs
· Engage with supplier engineering teams to ensure that product specific capabilities are integrated
· Support commissioning team on commissioning of the storage system
You will have the following experience:
· 4+ years Experience in the Renewable Energy/Power Generation, or T&D
· PLC programming, Rockwell ideally
· Commissioning experience
· SCADA experience
· Power Industry communication protocols (IEC61850, Modbus, DNP3)
· On site and remote data capture systems and strategies
· Design, implementation and testing of remote communication systems
· Microsoft SQL database manipulation, creation and design