Flexible Depending on Experience
2 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a multi-national Energy Tech Company who are looking for an Analytics Manager to help change the world of energy.
An award-winning energy tech company; this client sets out to connect customers to trading and data centres in order to revolutionise the UK energy market. This is made possible by collaborations and investments from some of the largest energy companies in the world.
You will build a team of 4-5 analysts which will form the core of the Trading and Analytics team - responsible for forecasting power generation and demand, price forecasting, risk calculations, building models and optimising asset revenue.
Using your in-depth knowledge of the UK power industry and operational and data management skills, you will be tasked to deliver excellent service and risk analysis for their customers. You will have the opportunity to employ new methods and models whilst working closely with the Product Managers and award winning Trade Team (The role will report into the Head of Trading and Analytics).
- Line management of a team of up to 5 analysts.
- Responsible for descriptive and diagnostic analysis,
- Continuous performance improvement of all Energy and Flexibility forecasts.
- Responsible for reporting trading PnL.
- Design and build models in python/R for wholesale price forecasting.
- Use power fundamentals to bring insight to the trading desk.
- Apply new open source packages, including in machine learning, to prototype solutions for trading optimisation
- Design and build dashboards in SQL.
- Improve embedded benefit price points on import and export power agreements by designing a new pricing engine
- Responsible for undertaking ad-hoc pricing and risk modelling calculations.
- Optimisation of risk premiums.
- You must have excellent knowledge of the UK energy industry, proven technical abilities and a record of delivering complex projects.
- Excellent knowledge of PPAs and flexibility services.
- Experience in pricing risks from renewable energy generation
- Experience delivering complex analysis.
- "Start-up environment" experience desirable.
- Experience handling time-series data.
- A drive to use data.
- Demonstrable experience in owning models from concept through to delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of driving operational excellence.
- Strong communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical and technical skills.
- Preferable operational forecasting experience with short time horizons (days) e.g. energy, tech, finance.
- Strong programming skills - python/R etc.
Applicants must have right to work in the UK without a work permit.