almost 2 years ago
A dynamic new role has arisen with an established international Renewable Energy Developer who are seeking a Wind Project Development Manager to join their growing Australian operation.
You will be focused on supporting a team of Project Managers on a range of onshore wind (primarily) and solar energy development projects. You will be responsible for supporting a small team of experienced Development Project Managers in the development of new wind and solar energy projects across Australia.
This is a great opportunity to join a global giant in the renewable energy sector in a strategically important position for the company. There will be the opportunity to progress to a Development Manager’s role in due course.
As Project Development Manager you will:
· Support the planning and co-ordination of internal resources and external consultancy resources to deliver early phase development activities in support of the renewable Development Team
· Assist with scoping and contracting of environmental assessment work
· Support and facilitate the completion of initial site assessments, including site visits
· Oversee the preparation of early phase environmental impact studies
· Assist with managing external consultants
· Draft supporting documentation, including consultancy agreements, risk assessments etc
· Assist with documenting and managing project information and approval processes
· Support the development of new ways to manage project information and internal processes
· Support the Property Managers with title searches, letters and updating GIS cadastral information
· Support technical analysts with research and development of geospatial dataset
· Support the team with any required mail merges to landowners or project stakeholders
· Manage databases and information resources on behalf of the team
· Support with the creation of content and management of internal and project website pages
· Support Project Development Managers and others with the arrangements for public exhibitions and events
Requirements from You:
· Project development management experience in the renewable energy sector
· Experience in the development of renewable energy projects in Australia
· Knowledge of the renewables industry.
· Understanding of planning and environmental impact assessment requirements.
· Experience working with a multinational company
· A degree in a relevant field, engineering, legal, business, planning or environmental for example
· Flexibility to travel internationally when the need arises
· Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
· Good team working and team management skills