4 months ago
A leading international renewable energy developer are seeking a home-based Trading Analyst to join their growing PPA team. You will be responsible for deciding valuations and analytics for electricity derivatives. You will also review European energy market data in order to support your decisions.
This is an excellent role for an ambitious, experienced analyst seeking a fast-paced environment with a well-respected name in the renewable energy industry.
- Create validations and systems of derivative information and valuations.
- Update valuations in order to generate prices for PPAs and derivates and to assess risk to counterparties
- Update validation processes to ensure consistency and integrity of market information inputs (including power and yield curves etc)
- Find and solve issues found via exceptions analysis
- Work closely with the PPA and Project Finance teams to solve market data and pricing model issues
- Review settlements of valuations in order to identify differences and to assist with disputes
- Provide support of any valuation enquiries either internal or external
Skills, qualifications and experience required from you:
- Experience in derivates trading
- Fluency in English to business level
- Relevant academic degree eg mathematics, engineering, finance
- Attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent Excel skills and supporting programming packages
- Knowledge of valuation models