5 months ago
This role is a strategically critical role which offers the opportunity to make a positive and material impact to one of the world's leading independent infrastructure and private equity investment manager.
The Green Recruitment Company is partnered with a leading independent infrastructure and private equity investment manager which controls almost £3bn of assets throughout the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain and Australia. The company specialises in a range of energy infrastructure with a capacity exceeding 1GW.
This role is a strategically critical role which offers the opportunity to make a positive and material impact to the business. There is scope for someone to personalise the job and introduce process improvements and risk management frameworks.
Main Responsibilities inclue:
- Technical Asset management:
- Be able to complete site visits to ensure installations meet the correct quality, technical specifications and built to the agreed design
- Be able to review and comment on plant lay-outs, designs and yield calculations
- Oversight of response to non-routine operational issues occurring at sites (material equipment failure etc) with the aim of maximising production across the portfolio
- Oversight contract management – ensuring that all services required by the O&M or EPC contracts are actioned accordingly
- Negotiation of commercial settlements to contractual disputes
- Management of EPC claims, negotiation with EPCs following commissioning
- Management of insurance claims processing
- Liaising with Grid operator to manage incidents and scheduled down time
- Good understanding of sub-station design, grid cable routes, high level design and cost estimations
- Work with finance team managing processes around bonds and cash retentions
- Stakeholder management:
- Building and managing relationships with external stakeholder and key counterparties responsible for the operation of the projects across the portfolio with a view to achieving the best commercial outcomes for the equity investors. These counterparties range from EPC contractors and O&M contractors to the Owner’s Engineer, Debt Providers, PPA Offtakers, Health & Safety Advisers, external legal counsel and grid operators.
- With input from the Senior Investment Manager and Technical Portfolio Managers holding O&M contractors accountable for the performance of projects in operations within the constraints of the O&M contract (KPI monitoring, asset optimisation, punch list close out, etc.).
- Support with any matters arising from Debt provision
- Accounts & Compliance:
- Co-ordinating with the London Portfolio Management team to have financial statements prepared for each Project SPV
- Co-ordinating payments from project accounts as required (with assistance from London and locally);
- Ensuring insurance regime compliance.
Skills and Experience
- A good balance of commercial, business and technical skills
- Experience working as part of a team and independently
- Strong management skills and analytical experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in a clear concise way
- Contract literacy, i.e. ability/willingness to read key commercial contracts and understand risk allocation and two way obligations between parties (e.g. EPC contract, O&M contract, Debt Facility Agreement, etc.)
- Relevant or transferable degree.
- Risk awareness and mindset would be ideal, i.e. the ability to identify risks and put in place effective mitigants
- Top tier professionalism
- Highly organised and capable of managing multiple short and long lead time workstreams in parallel
- Acute attention to detail
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to build relationships quickly and influence with reason
- Curious with a willingness to interrogate