7 months ago
A leading renewable energy development company is seeking a Site Manager who will oversee the operations of multiple wind farms across Australia. This role will primarily focus on the site-based activities of the EPC and O&M contractors on renewable energy projects.
Alongside the asset management team, you will manage and lead the daily operation of renewable energy projects. The role will also involve some construction-based work as one of the projects is currently under construction. During this phase you will assist the Project Manager to deliver EPC and Grid Contracts and you will have a major focus on the operational transition.
During the operational phase, your responsibilities will be as follows:
· Regular reporting, SCADA analysis, maintenance and repair analysis, management of unplanned outages, as well as any other requirement for operational sites.
· Supervise site-based activities and lead on-site contractors for a productive, and safe working environment
· Oversee the work of contractors, meeting regularly to discuss ongoing performance
· Manage safe and reliable O&M in accordance with agreed contracts, operating plans and budgets.
· Manage staff and subcontractors in performing O&M on site according to the Contract.
· Ensure facility repairs and restarts after plant outages or equipment faults.
· Coordinate, communicate and comply with stakeholders regarding the grid, production, contractual, regulatory and outage issues.
· Understand electrical testing and diagnostics for both LV and HV systems and substations.
· Use asset management tools to create regular periodic reports and in-depth analysis.
· Read, understand, interpret and negotiate complicated contracts
· Manage contractor performance, safety and quality as required.
· Manage, complete or assist with NER compliance reports
· Ensure that team are working in accordance with HSQE
· Maintain databases of faults and maintenance/performance issues.
· Review and manage the performance guarantee calculations according to the O&M Contracts
· Ensure strong coordination and communication between various site teams.
· Alert relevant parties of emerging faults and issues, required maintenance, or retrofits.
· Identify and appraise plant improvement opportunities.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
· Renewable energy O&M experience with 2+ years of experience in wind energy
· Technical Engineering background
· Knowledge of industry standards, HSE, environmental/safety, and NER regulations.
· Renewable Energy Operations Contract awareness
· Excellent communication skills
· HS&E procedures management and compliance
· Knowledge of energy markets and market procedures.
· Experience interacting with local utilities. Experience managing, troubleshooting, and working with wind and/or solar SCADA systems.