An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an expanding Solar PV Asset Management Company responsible for the management of 11,000 Domestic and small commercial rooftop Solar PV systems throughout England, Wales and Scotland. The main focus of this role will be to conduct reactive and preventative maintenance visits as required. The successful candidate should be experienced in the installation and maintenance of Domestic and small Commercial rooftop Solar PV systems.
- To conduct reactive and scheduled preventative maintenance visits nationally. This will involve system testing and fault diagnosis relating to the design, installation and communication (with our monitoring platform) of rooftop Domestic and Commercial Solar PV systems.
- Establish standardised approaches in accordance with best practice, system design and installed equipment.
- Ensure knowledge and approach of all technical aspects are well understood and consistently applied by all engineers. Support the ‘back-office’ function in technical matters.
- Travel to installed sites across England, Wales and Scotland. Overnight stays will be required to meet Operational requirements of the business.
- To ensure personal and site health and safety procedures and protocols are followed at all times to understand, assess and mitigate risks effectively.
- City and Guilds 2382 (18th edition) and 2392 or 95 would be an advantage.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification.
- 2394 Test and Inspect (Dwelling only).
- Proven technical understanding of Domestic and small commercial (to 250kw) Solar PV, to include generation and export metering, inverters, fault finding and ensuring systems function in accordance with design parameters.
- The ability to effectively convey technical issues to a lay person.
- Confident with working at heights and experience with Mobile Elevated Working Platforms.
- At least 24 months experience of domestic and small commercial Rooftop Solar PV, maintenance work would be a distinct advantage. Experience of commissioning of G83 and G59 regulated Solar PV system.
- Strong computer literacy and ability to use technology remotely is a must.
Location: 1 hour drive from Oxford - national travel required
Travel: To Solar PV sites Nationwide (A company vehicle will be provided for work use only)
Salary – Competitive package