4 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a well-established organisation whose expertise in renewable energy systems span across more than 100 countries. This is also a chance to work alongside industry professionals with potential for both domestic and international travel.
The Green Recruitment Company are partnered with a global quality assurance and risk management company which provides classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries.
- Work with the Solar and Storage Department to promote and deliver the company's Engineering Services
- Support due diligence activity to include: data analysis, documentation review and risk analysis.
Liaising with a wide range of clients from solar farm developers to financial institutions
The individual will work closely with other company engineers in their local offices.
Work on multiple projects, managing own time to meet deadlines.
Producing written reports and other documentation for delivery to the client
Supporting the continuous improvement and development of group procedures and documentation
Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
Supporting a range of international projects.
Support provision of technical advice to clients including:
- Specification assistance for all aspects of solar farm construction
- Assist clients with procurement including contract negotiation and tendering
- General project advice
- Technical due diligence of pre-construction and operational projects
- Other ad-hoc advice
- Significant experience in the UK PV solar industry in a technical consulting capacity.
- An appropriate degree/higher degree in an engineering subject.
- Proven ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English.
- Good IT skills, and experience using MS Office suite packages.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver complex tasks to tight timelines.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Adaptability, and able to cope with a wide variety of tasks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Previous experience in performing due diligence activities.
- Good understanding of wind energy and previous experience in wind lender and OE activities as there will be opportunities for the candidate to work in wind projects (onshore and offshore).
- Understanding of standard contract forms in construction, in particular for renewable energy projects.
- Understanding of UK planning as applied to Solar.
- Good understanding of project finance structures and the financial models for PV Solar projects.