12 months ago
Our client are a major provider of Asset Management services to the European Renewable Energy market. With a portfolio exceeding 1GW under management they are looking for an experienced Technical Expert to oversee the operations of their UK portfolio. This will involve ensuring optimum performance of the portfolio by continuing and growing a robust reporting line while managing a team of technical performance analysts, The position will focus on assets in the Bristol & Bath area but may require some travel to Cornwall.
- To minimise downtime of the entire portfolio by managing O&Ms to resolve all issues promptly
- To act as an ambassador for the business at all times, to all parties
- As a minimum, to ensure O&M providers fulfil contractual requirements, and exceed where possible
- To develop sector best practice in terms of technical and O&M performance, and supporting technical systems and processes.
- To ensure site visit reports are produced following every site visit and submitted to the client promptly and accurately
- To manage all issues reported from site visits to swift resolution
- Working with the Technical Manager and Analysts, to ensure all O&M providers achieve, as a minimum, their contractual obligations by undertaking monthly reviews with clear actions against monthly reports and outstanding site visit items and by issuing defects notices/formal letters promptly as appropriate
- To work with the Technical Manager and Analysts to ensure every asset has an annual performance optimisation plan agreed by the MD
- To ensure 100% security of all assets including full availability of CCTV systems
- To act as the representative of the technical asset management service to all site parties including existing and prospective clients
- To ensure all outstanding issues on PAC / IAC / FAC punch lists are resolved swiftly and closed before the next milestone is due, and escalated where not.
- Where they occur, to support the Technical Manager on the resolution of specific technical failures of main components
- Contribute to the development of policies, processes and procedures to ensure all relevant legislative and contract requirements are fulfilled
- Maximize total return for each asset through the analysis of operational efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance
- Ensure full review and adherence to all SPV contracts, including (but not limited to) O&M, Lease, Lending Facility, SPA, Planning, insurance and security
- To maintain positive relationships with DNOs to resolve any potential issues
- To ensure that any plant outages are managed and monitored carefully such that downtime is minimized, H&S is not compromised and site security is maintained
- To ensure compliance of all H&S procedures at all times and to drive best practice in the sector
- To support the management of insurance claims on behalf of the Client in conjunction with the Technical Manager.
- 100% of site visits has resulted in a site visit report dispatched to the O&M and the client.
- 100% of issues identified on site are managed to successful resolution
- 100% security of all assets
- 100% completion of all PAC/IAC/FAC punch list items
- The instance and amount of LD’s are reduced year on year (using Year 1 as a benchmark) due to improved O&M management
- Demonstrable personal progression using Year 1 as a benchmark