3 months ago
We are supporting one of the world's largest engineering & consulting providers by building their new US Senior Engineering Team that will manage several high voltage utility-scale projects across the US.
- Full Time/ Direct Hire Roles
- Can be 100% remote OR be based out of an office local to you
- You would be part of a team being built from the ground up to support new-energy projects in the US
- Travel up to 20% to client sites
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering from four-year accredited college or university
- Professional Engineering Registration (PE) REQUIRED.
- 10+ years of experience in High Voltage and Utility-Scale Conventional Power project management, additional experience in Renewable Energy is a plus.
- Experience with Utility-Scale Project Management from Ideation and Development to Construction and O&M
- Team Oriented and Client-Focused Customer Service Skills
- Strong background handling client-facing and management responsibilities
The Senior Project Engineer/ Project Manager leads the US engineering, assuming overall responsibility for successful technical project execution.
- The ideal candidate in this role will act as a liaison between the engineering team, project management, and the customer with the responsibility for integrating the various engineering, scheduling, and purchasing aspects of the project in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Serves as point of contact for EPC, Owner’s Engineer, and Customer on developing and executing power projects.
- Monitors schedules, budgets, and estimates through completion to ensure the project finishes on time and within budget.
- Leads periodic reviews of engineering execution schedule, expediting engineering teams, escalating needs, and reporting project technical delivery status.
- Leads the planning, setup, and monitoring of the project systems, inter-discipline workflows, and coordination of design activities through engineering disciplines.
- Leads the coordination and resolution of interdisciplinary issues.
- Understands the Contract requirements and supports the translation of the scope of work to the discipline engineering teams.
- Reviews and comments, as required, on project documents and drawings to meet contractual obligations for document flow.
- Assists in the specification, bid analysis, vendor selection, and capacity assessment for equipment.
- Serves as a leader of Engineering process improvement initiatives as required
- Supports Project Managers in tracking and compiling any design or specification changes
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures, and reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees and executives.
- Travel up to 20% as need to project sites