Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 2 months ago
The Senior Power Systems Engineer will lead technical assessments and power systems analysis of large scale wind, solar and battery projects. You will manage power system study projects and will be responsible for liaising with clients and external stakeholders. The Senior Power Systems Engineer will also provide strategic input to the company’s growth objectives.
- Undertake power system simulations and technical studies, which will primarily include work across the grid connection process from feasibility through to commissioning of renewable projects.
- Prepare deliverables for clients - writing technical reports, supporting documents, presentations etc.
- Develop and maintain computer programming scripts and other such software tools for power systems analysis.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior staff.
- Develop business opportunities by establishing external network in many contexts.
- Identify and lead improvements to procedures and tools from experience gained in projects and client feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in a power systems consultancy, OEM supplier or electric utility
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with power systems analysis related to grid connection of utility scale renewable energy plant in the Australian market.