Flexible on Experience
4 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a multinational energy supplier in their search for a Senior Portfolio Manager to join the Energy Marketing and Trading team. This client is the leading provider of energy management and optimization services to businesses across Europe, with 14GW of capacity under contract in Europe, more than 80% of which is renewable assets.
The successful candidate will work in a vibrant business environment with some of the world’s biggest investors and businesses looking to re-shape the energy industry and move towards a low carbon economy. As part of the Physical Asset Management (PAM) team, you will be an energy market expert with an essential role to help deliver long-term strategy of being the number 1 Renewable Energy Trader in Europe. Together with the Asset Structuring and Hedging department, the PAM team make sure to constantly manage the commodity risks.
You will be commercially responsible for our physical Power Purchase Agreements, hereunder wind, solar and hydro PPAs, production and grid-scale consumption as well as renewable flexibility. You will ensure profitable contracts with third-party asset owners through precise physical risk valuation, pricing, portfolio optimisation and improvement of internal management processes.
- Pricing of physical energy solutions and cases in all European markets
- Following up on performance of our physical asset portfolios
- Make portfolio optimising suggestions and actions
- Consult with traders and analytics teams to improve tactics
- Engage in product and business development initiatives and task forces
- Align valuation, product and pricing solutions with Asset Structuring and Hedging as well as our Origination teams
- Experience as a Power Trader or as Portfolio Manager from a similar position
- Holds knowledge of the physical power markets, especially the Nordics
- Understands the drivers of the energy market as well as the changes and transition that will impact the industry in the coming years
- Takes a holistic approach to the role, has eye for physical market risks but finds it fully natural to assess other factors as part of the analysis
- Speaks and writes English fluently and is able to communicate across all layers of the organization, across cultures and with external market players.
- The job holder can be based in Denmark or Germany