Competitive Salary (DOE)
6 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company has been retained by a growing renewable power producer specialising purely within the large scale battery storage sector across the US.
This formidable player is truly a market leader in the space with a multi GW pipeline, 700MW under operation and 600MW about to enter construction.
Our client is searching for a power industry specialist for wholesale market activities. Responsibilities include power market analysis to support commercial activities, primarily focused on production cost modeling but not limited to, power flow analysis, market simulation, locational marginal price (LMP) analysis, renewable integration studies, and evaluation of the impact of market rule changes on these forecasts and analyses in the Eastern Interconnect, WECC, and ERCOT regions. The successful candidate will play a critical role for a company that is at the leading edge of energy storage deployment in wholesale markets. This individual is expected to apply ‘best-in-class’ principles and processes to advance the platform and value proposition.
- Enhance existing nodal energy market modelling capabilities in Eastern Interconnect, WECC, and ERCOT.
- Perform market simulations using commercial product costing modelling software to forecast Locational Marginal Price (LMP) and assess the incremental impacts of new generation on locational factors (e.g., marginal congestion and line loss costs).
- Research on regulatory policy changes/patterns particularly related to Ancillary service market and capacity market to advance the platform and value proposition.
- Participate in meetings related to regional planning to understand transmission/generation changes driven by regional reliability or public policies in various ISOs
- Perform necessary studies such as load flow/stability/short circuit to evaluate available transmission capacity and assist projects’ siting.
- Assist in managing interconnection process including but not limited to developing required modelling package in active ISOs
- Develop necessary documents to participate in capacity markets with profound understanding of capacity market rules and assist in decision making in capacity auction related market activities in various ISOs
- Lead in various pre-operational activities such as registration as market participants in related ISOs, NERC and asset registration to advance projects’ targeted COD
- Provide support to Engineering team to review project engineering drawings and advance projects commissioning and testing process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science plus 5+ years of experience in transmission planning, market analysis, trading or operations experience for utility, IPP, ISO, trader, consultancy or related organization
- Significant experience with nodal market operations in the Eastern Interconnect, WECC, and ERCOT regions, powerflow analysis experience, and experience with or desire to learn power market simulation models such as PROMOD, PLEXOS, or similar.
- Experience managing external consultants, and communicating technical issues to non- technical audience
- High technical and commercial acumen to integrate commercial strategy with grid dynamics
- Knowledge of real-time, day-ahead and FTR/CRR markets
- Experience with power system analysis software
- Comfortable with ambiguity and making business decisions with limited information
- Eager to wear multiple hats depending on business need and project priorities
- High comfort level with small teams & organizations, with the curiosity and enthusiasm to innovate and formulate new ideas and to bring the best out of co-workers.
- Unafraid to take ownership and initiative, in order to be to be effective within a highly motivated, fast-moving team.
- (Preferred) Familiarity with energy storage technologies and deployments