Very Competitive Basic Salary+ Benefits + Bonus
about 2 years ago
The Green Recruitment Company are pleased to be working with a leading muti-disciplinery Engineering Consultancy, to engage with a technically astute, Senior Energy Engineer to join their growing and highly regarded team.
The purpose of this role is to manage energy efficiency projects and processes for a large number of clients, With a primary focus on industrial projects.
- Responsibility for client site technical analysis of manufacturing environments to identify and technically evaluate Energy reduction opportunities in both process and non-process.
- Electrical & Mechanical energy analysis with the objective of identifying, evaluating, designing and implementing engineering projects to reduce large scale consumption and costs for businesses.
- The use of computer aided engineering and design software.
- Integral commercial support, project production and management of delivery, research, technical site surveys, administration and general activities to support and delivery energy savings.
- Evaluating and preparing specifications for energy equipment and contractors.
- Estimating material, construction and project costs.
- Constantly review energy usage on sites and review performance of enhancements against budget. Identify and implement improvements for poor sites.
- Provide an advanced level of MS Excel support
- Provide an advanced level of administration and documentation management;
- Responsible for the customer technical interface and relationship at Operations Manager and Engineering Manager level;
- Be an active part of the technical sales and project delivery process for new client business.
- Experienced Energy Engineer
- Qualified to HNC/HND in Mechanical or Engineering discipline.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, and write clear concise records and reports
- Experience of managing budgets effectively
- Be fully conversant with Industrial and commercial heating, ventilation and hot and cold water systems
- Experience of managing and knowledge of domestic and commercial building electrical installations
- Experienced in and an ability to demonstrate a proven track record in managing energy consumption and energy conservation initiatives
- Understanding of utility tariffs and charging rates
- Experience of negotiating with energy providers to secure new contracts
- Experienced in writing specifications for M&E works including controls and BMS systems.
- Be able to work under pressure on your own initiative and effectively prioritise work
- Able to carry out surveys and assess work required and have a proven track record of producing drawings, schedules, obtaining tenders and managing contractors on site
- Be conversant with IT (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, AUTOCAD)
- Experience of appointing and managing external consultants
- Full driving licence
This is a great opportunity to join a well-regarded and forward thinking energy consultancy, in the prime of a new wave of expansion.