Up to £75,000 + company bonus
2 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are assisting a growing Data Science team seek a Senior Data Scientist to help us change the world of energy. If you have a superb track record of using data science and/or machine learning and an interest in building a sustainability-minded Data Science function, then this role could be for you.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for leading a growing function and the application of analytics, data science and machine learning techniques to industry-leading energy forecasting solutions.
- The Senior Data Scientist's responsibility is to lead the continuous development of advanced analytics and machine learning capabilities.
- Designing and managing advanced analytics and data science solutions.
- For example: continuously improving data science platforms, including for forecasting and real-time analytics.
- Optimisation of algorithms to operate and manage distributed energy assets (real time).
- Build, validate and update complex data science models.
- Manage and test machine learning methods, processes, and techniques.
- Experience of managing data science and analysis within a data-intensive environment. (energy, tech, finance desirable).
- Strong problem-understanding and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large volumes of data.
- Excellent understanding and ongoing learning of Data Science and Machine Learning frameworks, tools and algorithms, both for regression and classification problems (Python highly desirable).
- Bachelor education, or equivalent, in AI, Machine Leaning, Data Science, or Quantitative subject.
Further Desirable Skills:
- Experience of developing or supporting forecasting systems in electricity sector.
- Experience working with time-series data (real time)
- ‘On-the-fly’ augmentation experience
- Post-grad education (PhD/MSc)
- Top Data Science credentials (such as Kaggle Masters)