over 2 years ago
A leading international renewable energy developer are currently recruiting for a Senior Commercial Analyst to join their growing commercial team in Sydney. You will drive assigned tasks, manage strategic analysis, extract key insights and communicate findings to enable informed financial decision making. You will have the ability to work on multiple projects at a time and you will be focused on the details whilst finding creative ways to tackle wider challenges. This is a great opportunity to join a truly global player in an exciting, ever moving marketplace
You will be responsible for the following:
· The primary focus of the Senior Commercial Analyst is to ensure that business cases for investment opportunities are consistent, accurate and based upon an informed risk profile.
· You will take a lead position within the company to ensure our client’s knowledge base of Power Purchase Agreements and other route to market strategies are sound and structured.
· The responsibilities will concentrate on established business streams of onshore wind, utility scale solar PV and battery storage
· You will provide strategic and commercial analysis to support the valuation of renewable projects.
· You will develop and improve financial and commercial models in order to be utilised for project valuation and the assessment of decisions surrounding allocation of capital.
· You will provide commercial strategic and support to business cases
· You will take a lead in the response on any requests for proposals / bids / tenders.
· Ensure our client’s knowledge base of Power Purchase Agreements are informed and structured.
· Manage key client relationships.
· Develop compelling arguments for our client’s strategic planning process, and translate these into a first-class dialogue with the business and presentations for a Senior Executive audience
· Ensure business cases are consistent and accurate and make informed investment decisions based on key information.
· Support other teams on policy change interpretation in order to understand the valuation impacts on potential deals and portfolio assessments.
· Challenge and maintain the expectations used in capital allocation decisions.
Requirements from you:
Knowledge of the following:
· Experience in the Australian renewable energy sector
· Renewable project finance modelling
· Valuation metrics and methodologies
· Experience in reaching Financial Close renewable projects.
· Drivers for clean energy policy
· Dynamics of energy supply chain and procurement
· Functionality of electricity markets
· Experience of using analytical techniques
· Power generation dynamics
· Stakeholder management
· Interpret project finance documents
· Advanced Excel skills for financial modelling & forecasting
· C-suite level communication abilities and ability to communicate complex renewable issues to non-specialists
· Ability to manage projects within set timescales
· Degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or Mathematics. Master’s level qualified ideal
· Accounting Professional Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CFA) desirable