Up to £80,000 + bonus
about 1 month ago
The Green Recruitment Company is working with a leading Trading and automation software business whose product is designed for short-term power trading. Their technology provides access to all major energy and short-term power markets, enabling energy companies to harness the shifting commercial opportunities of the global energy transition and optimise increasingly complex physical, financial, and contractual positions.
We are searching for an exceptional Business Development professional to help drive ambitious plans for revenue growth. Our client’s cloud-based data platform sits at the centre of the clean energy transition. This sector is experiencing exceptionally high growth, as such, we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial individual who is experienced at identifying, leading, and closing complex technology sales opportunities in the energy sector.
- Drive revenue growth by securing sales with new customers and upselling to existing customers
- Drive lead generation, and manage the opportunity through to conclusion
- Lead any bids relating to your customer/account, collaborating with all internal teams to deliver high quality pitches / RFP responses
- Own leading value and service pricing and profitability planning, in collaboration with our extended commercial team
- Upsell to existing customers to help drive further revenue growth through product or service enhancements by establishing a compelling customer value proposition
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans, new CXO relationships and continue to develop existing relationships
- Collaborate closely with solutions, product and technology teams, as well as with C-level internal stakeholders in order to drive positive customer outcomes and revenue growth
- Be a customer champion. Push for products, features and services to be added to grow our customer base and revenue
- Extensive experience in the energy industry, ideally with a focus on power trading, renewable power generation and / or battery energy storage
- Strong level of technical capability and understanding, as evidenced either by STEM-based education and / or equivalent industry experience.
- 5 years’ experience overachieving quota selling a complex, B2B high value enterprise-grade solutions to large corporates in Software & Services, SaaS, PaaS and other technology applications
- Highly experienced in closing deals, combined with a good understanding of solution selling as well as other sales techniques
- Knowledge with sectors such as; Energy trading software, asset management, flexibility services
- Successful track record in managing and growing customer accounts
- Experienced from lead generation to deal closure, contracting, account management and customer upsell
- A genuine interest in the wider benefits of clean technology and the drive towards a Net Zero energy system
- A Focussed deal closer
- Able to build strong internal relationships and influence
- Resilience and creativity. Push for plan B if plan A fails to secure a win
- Ability to engage with stakeholders from all levels of seniority from day-to-day operational contact through to C level