3 months ago
To support the Technical Due Diligence and Owner’s Engineering as part of the Engineering team, develop and execute strategies to maximise both team and asset performance ensuring compliance with contractual requirements focussing on risk management, safety, and value-add activities.
- Ensuring that EPC contract works are implemented in accordance with the relevant contracts and planning requirements, good industry practise, H&S requirements and engineering standards.
- Monitoring and documenting the construction and commissioning processes through regular site visits.
- Oversight during project design and execution to identify and quantify risks, issues and solutions.
- Leading technical investigations into plant performance to identify root cause of issues and manage through to resolution;
- Monitoring performance and detecting issues throughout the life cycle of plants and liaising with the asset managers and operators to optimize the energy output;
- Oversight and reporting of owner’s responsibilities on projects.
- Acting as Owner’s Engineer on assigned projects.
- Preparing and submitting reports on the progress and status of the project.
- Attending meetings with the EPC and/or O&M contractors and/or their sub-contractors as required.
- Reviewing and compiling drawings and technical documentation which may include yield estimations, plant optimisation designs, planning applications and project risk management.
- Working with the investment team to analyse and develop an asset growth strategy. for the UK and European markets; and regular interaction with the company advisors during due diligence processes (yield assessment, technical dd reports, site visits, capex, Opex, risks and mitigations, etc.) and other ongoing activities such as integration processes (manage and coordinate handover from M&A team to AM team) of new acquisitions.
- Travelling within the UK and into Europe on a regular basis and being flexible in your working method to accommodate a dynamic and diverse workload within deadlines and set budgets.
- Keeping an accurate record of your hours and reporting back on a weekly basis to maintain the Engineering Services Job Tracker for project progress and financial accounting.
- Supporting portfolio optimisation in terms of Opex reduction (contract renegotiations, tendering) and performance improvement (warranty claims management, global supplier selection strategies) to ensure that the plants are meeting electricity production targets, keeping costs under control.
- Maintaining excellent collaborative relationships with clients and other departments, leading on, and addressing any areas of conflict as they arise in a professional manner.
- Looking for opportunities to develop new business and provide support to the Head of Engineering on new tender opportunities.
- Supporting M&A team in the drafting of agreements during complex contractual negotiations (Framework agreements, EPC, O&M and other operating contracts), taking into account commercial, legal and technical considerations, with the aim to drive efficiency across the portfolio, reducing operating costs and increasing quality standards;
- Supporting in the management of contractors, including dispute resolutions.
- Keeping track of all deadlines, including statutory and contractual deadlines (EPC PAC, FAC, etc) and contracts renewals (e.g. O&M) in collaboration with the Asset Management team; work alongside the local AM to make sure these deadlines are dealt in a timely fashion;
- Providing support with project management activities during the execution of projects;
- Conducting relevant industry and market analysis and peer/competitor analysis to facilitate market related decisions and contributing to the engineering library.
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent. At least 3 years’ experience in solar farm EPC, design engineering activities or asset management.
- Familiarity and interpretation of mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, work instructions and design reviews including competence in interpreting PVSyst and AutoCAD design reports.
- Highly analytical, organised mindset with problem solving skills and ability to work with large quantities of statistical data and convert it into understandable results with a view to meet goals
- Experience with remote monitoring systems on plant and equipment (preferably Solar plant SCADA).
- Knowledge of typical project documents (including SPAs, PPA, O&M and EPC contracts).
- Contract review and reporting.
- Profit and loss account management and risk to value assignments.
- Fluent English for business writing skills with a focus on detail and accuracy.
- Advanced MS Excel Skills (macros, visual basic).
- Significant knowledge of Solar power plant operation and management, including understanding of key project milestones.
- Financial modelling experience is desirable
- Fluent in English
- Additional language (desirable but not essential): Spanish, Italian, French or Portuguese.