5 months ago
This is a rare opportunity for a commercially minded project engineer to join a major renewable energy investor and IPP in the USA. TGRC have partnered with a London headquartered fund who are looking to operate an IPP business model. The business have been expanding rapidly across Europe and the United States, acquiring renewable energy projects at varying stages of development. Core technologies include but are not limited to Onshore Wind and Utility Scale Solar PV. This in-house role will allow the successful candidate to work alongside and support the Origination and execution teams, assisting with deals from a technical perspective, but also playing a pivotal role in the ongoing supervision of construction activities and owners engineers. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years total work experience in an engineering sector with at least 3 of these in Solar and / or Wind technology with a Quality Assurance perspective.
- Assist during the acquisition of late-stage development and construction projects, identifying quality, specifications and scope deficiencies.
- Support different regions seeking and evaluating consultant proposals for engineering services.
- Prepare bid packages for contractors including scope of work, schedule, project description, and conceptual design;
- Carry out on site construct ability reports for project acquisitions.
- Review of project designs and suggest improvements
- Support on the set up of contracts with special emphasis on quality, specifications, scope, commissioning and acceptance procedures requirements in coordination with Technical Team
- Support the Project Managers on the coordination of owner’s engineer design review and construction quality supervision;
- Support the oversight of QA/QC plan implementation and punch list development;
- Assist in the monitoring of construction progress with special emphasis on the engineering, quality and commissioning activities..
- Manage updates to engineering scopes of work, exhibits, design guides, specifications, schedules, budgets, lessons learned, and other templates
- Bachelors in and engineering discipline in either mechanical, electrical or civil. Masters a plus.
- 5+ years total working experience in an engineering capacity with at least 3 of these in the renewable energy sector.
- Knowledge of QA processes from Construction / Project Delivery perspective
- Experience in Project Scheduling System (P6, MS Project)
- Fluency in English is Essential and Spanish a huge advantage
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time