£75,000 - £100,000
4 months ago
TGRC have a brilliant opportunity with a major renewable energy and infrastructure fund who are looking for a Project Director for their Wind division. The company are providing more and more project financing for the development and construction of Wind projects alongside their M&A activity. The Project Director would be the main point of contact for overseeing all construction related activities, integration into the portfolio management system, as well as growing a team around you for the future.
- Define and monitor KPIs and support commercial decision making throughout construction and operational phases of power plants, including supporting the asset managers in getting approvals from the relevant investment committee if necessary
- Prepare and manage budgets and work with third party project managers and/or contractors to ensure time and budget targets are achieved and that appropriate commercial structures are in place.
- Liaise with third party managers, construction and operational contractors of the power plants to monitor progress and initial performance and contractual compliance of plants; pro-actively identify potential issues ahead of time
- Maintain and enhance the risk monitoring and H&S framework in place, designed to identify any issues early and resolve them in a timely fashion
- Support the training and development of the team
- For certain technologies act as project manager on construction/improvement projects
- To manage the technical due diligence of new opportunities in support of the Investment team
- Assist in the management of regulatory issues which affect project permits, licenses, etc, and to establish and maintain good relationships with suppliers, contractors and other external stakeholders.
- Work with the Health and Safety Director to ensure rigorous HSE arrangements are put in place and maintained on projects.
- The Project Manager will be required to have significant knowledge of power plant construction, or transferable skills from managing other complex, heavy industry, turnkey infrastructure projects in order to monitor contractors effectively.
- Negotiate and administer typical project documents (including O&M, EPC and split contracts (i.e. TSA/BoP) and experience of managing the needs of project finance providers
- Deep understanding of CDM Regulations (or European equivalent), CDM projects execution and management
- Knowledge of wider HSE practices and requirements of HSE, Environment Agency and other regulatory/statutory bodies
- Understanding of supply chain and process optimization
- Technical knowledge of HV and LV electrical works including experience working with DNOs on connection would be advantageous but is not essential
- Extensive experience of on-the-ground European development, construction and operations