Flexible Depending on Experience
about 1 year ago
As the Energy Management System (EMS) is deployed globally on projects, there is a need to appoint a Product Manager to further develop the capabilities of this market leading controls platform to ensure that the client is ahead of the curve with respect to additional client service offerings (e.g. machine learning, edge computing etc).
The role is critical in providing the link between internal and external clients and the development team who are responsible for the development of the EMS platform.
This is a Global role within the client that will require collaboration with all markets.
1. Based on regular client engagement (internal and external) define requirements for future developments of the Energy Management System.
2. Work with the EMS Development team to ensure the development programme meets internal client requirements, e.g. hybrid control solutions.
3. Ensure new technical requirements are defined for implementation by the EMS Development team
4. Ensure that the technology platform is fully integrated with other systems such as SMART
5. Work will all part of the business to drive global standardisation of the platform
6. Understand and regularly benchmark EMS against third party systems
7. Work with internal clients to review the EMS charging mechanisms to ensure that development costs are recovered
8. Provide support to the regional delivery teams to optimise the deployment of the EMS on projects
9. Support the storage business leads with sales of the EMS to third parties
10. Develop and maintain marketing material for use by the storage business development managers
11. Work with all parts of the business to development innovative and creative features within the EMS that will add value to the companies offering
12. Develop a strategy for providing EMS support to operational projects
Willingness to travel to support the global business.
- Knowledge of product management in a controls environment
- Knowledge of energy storage would be an advantage
- Customer focused and commercially aware with excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Project management in a product development areas
- Ability to see the big picture, good time management and organisation skills.
- Exceptional Presentation skills, reporting writing and data analysis skills are required.
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Management of product development in a control system environment
- Experience of interacting with clients in a sales support role
- Engineering or science degree