Christina Rodriguez Cintron
5 months ago
Independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns, and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America, Japan, and parts of Latin America seeks experience Pre-Construction Manager with a strong background in Wind Energy.
- Provide Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) cost estimates, commercial and technical due diligence, and support of solar, wind, transmission, and energy storage projects to the development team during the development phase.
- Review developer construction-related documents for completeness and compliance with utility interconnect agreements, power purchase agreements, land lease agreements, environmental permits, and ensure good industry practice.
- Coordinate with the development team to understand the geotechnical, civil, electrical, and major equipment supplier specifications for project estimates and RFP’s.
- Manage preliminary engineering to support preconstruction development and contractor section phase
- Responsible for leading the RFP process, in conjunction with the Capital Procurement Manager, with qualified contractors and vendors so bids can be accurately evaluated.
- Responsible for evaluating thorough comparison metrics to determine the most commercially and technically responsible bidders.
- Must ensure RFP’s establish the basis of scope and pricing from contractor/supplier.
- Develop construction project cashflows and milestone completion dates
- Must be capable of developing a procurement plan on how to build and schedule the project
- Works with the project stakeholders to review and approve components of the bid package, submittals, and decisions through the process.
- Prepare and present pre-RFP meeting and review process with the project development team
- Manage the turnover process from preconstruction to the construction execution team
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree with preference in engineering and/or construction management
- Minimum 2-5 years progressively responsible experience in the renewable power industry with significant wind and/or solar energy experience.
- Direct experience with project and engineering management for wind and/or solar is preferred. Field and estimating experience are a plus.
- Knowledge of basic engineering concepts associated with renewable energy facilities (geotechnical, civil, structural, electrical)
- Knowledge in engineering and cost estimating of utility-scale energy storage projects is a plus.
- Knowledge in engineering and cost estimating of medium voltage and high voltage work is a plus. This includes but is not limited to, collections systems, substations, and transmission lines
- Ability to maintain a cost analysis database that allows for evaluation of past project build costs to effectively estimate future build costs in a targeted market
- Ability to prioritize and resolve multiple issues on multiple projects under demanding schedule constraints.
- Knowledge of trending constructability costs in the wind and solar market
- Must be proficient in typical software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project or Primavera. All other estimating software is a plus.