2 months ago
Join a global integrated renewables developer that specialises in the development, financing, EPC, O&M as well as asset management of solar power plants. With European origins my client has a portfolio that surpasses 1GWp worldwide and conducts business with over 50 countries globally. With a focus on the origination and structure of PPA agreements; the role of PPA manager will be responsible for the structuring of bilateral power purchase agreements as well as the innovation of strategies to produce profitable offtake arrangements.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Keep up to date with recent legislative and regulatory policies both at a federal and state level
- Originate business and discussion with regulatory authorities and other potential offtakers in regard to power purchase agreements
- Collaborate with the internal market team to innovate and structure contractual arrangements for PPAs based on current and future regulatory frameworks
- Work closely with the solar development team and liaise on new projects
- Obtain regulatory and maintain process for new utility solar projects
- Structure potential bilateral Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) and other new energy offtake schemes
- Coordinate between the project team and government entities (TNB, ST, SEDA, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor or master’s degree in law, finance, engineering, or business
- 3+ years of business development experience with a focus on power purchase agreements in the Malaysian Energy Sector
- Knowledge of the regulatory entities locally and federally (Single buyers, TNB etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in English and Bahasa
If this sounds like the role for you, please do not wait to apply.