Flexible on Experience
9 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a world leading trading and investment company in their search for a Head of Power Trading. The company is exploring new power trading opportunities towards the net carbon zero target in 2050, by strengthening its trading capability to deal with more renewable energy generation and the green-sourced power demand from decarbonized corporates.
Given the expectation for the increasing structuring of Corporate PPAs over the next 5-10 years there is more need for mid-long-term risk-takers such as a credible trading houses. Given the company has already acquired its short-term power trading skills (“balancing”) through its subsidiary trading firm, it is now looking to set up a wider new trading desk in London to cover broader forward/curve market access for its business growth focusing on GB, I-SEM and continental Europe market.
- Create and enhance new relationship with trading counterparties such as power utilities, independent/mid-small suppliers, generators, traders, green corporate clients and brokers
- Suggest trading strategy with the analysis of the market and trading opportunities
- Support designing and business planning of the power trading desk
- Analyse the power and related commodities (carbon, gas, etc.) market dynamics and update the management team
- Cooperate with the Deputy General Manager who is in charge of the power trading desk setup and report to General Manager of the department
- Minimum 5 years power market experience ideally both in origination and trading role
- Wider business relationship to access trading counterparties in the industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with international team members
- The ability to develop an analytical approach to solving problems
- Effective negotiating skills
- The ability to analyse and make decisions
- Ability to handle multiple priorities