Competitive depending on Experience
12 months ago
TGRC's client is seeking to pursue new business opportunities in or around licensed electricity infrastructure businesses. The specific opportunities of Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO) and also of the pending Competitively Allocated Transmission Owner (CATO) regime are of particular interest. The Networks Business Manager will drive the development and initial roll out of business plans in each of these areas.
The Networks Business Manager will;
- Own the development and implementation of business plans for IDNO and CATO with the aim of securing Board approval.
- Support and advise project teams on IDNO and CATO project opportunities.
- Advise and support project teams on grid delivery and ownership options including use of ICP, private wire and IDNO.
- Be responsible for the management of NERS Authorisations.
- Own the management of the UK&I Grid Procedure.
- Drive the development of business plans, including strategy documents and commercial models, for new business opportunities in IDNO and CATO.
- Manage the exploration and implementation of any new IDNO or CATO project opportunities as they arise.
- Support and advise project teams on grid delivery and ownership options including use of ICP, private wire and IDNO.
- Be responsible for compliance, including internal audits, updates to internal process as required, management of NERS Authorisations and management of the relationship with Lloyds Register.
- Manage change to the UK&I Grid Procedure in order to reflect best practice ways of working as determined through consultation with relevant colleagues including the Energy Networks Lead and Electrical Engineers.
- Lead grid related cost reduction and efficiency workstreams as part of the continuous improvement initiative.
- Degree or HNC / HND in Electrical Engineering, Business Studies or equivalent relevant discipline.
- Experience working in the Grid industry, preferably in the funding, regulation or delivery of new grid assets.
- Good understanding of core grid regulatory framework and supporting processes.
- Good understanding of the economics of regulated monopoly network businesses.
- In depth understanding of the process and application of contestability in connections.